Union Week and Lunch Time Meetings set for April 2017
The DC 37 Organizing Department has scheduled lunchtime meetings and a special Union Week to strengthen the power of our collective voice and equip members with the tools necessary to move forward together.
Union Week will be held on April 3-7, 2017, at 250 Broadway for DC 37 members who work at the New York City Housing Authority. There will also be a Lunch Time Meetings on April 17 at NYCHA’s 90 Church Street location and on April 15 at NYCERS at 300 Jay Street.
In addition, the next general activist training is scheduled for June 7 at DC 37 union headquarters. A second session will be scheduled about two weeks after the first session. To register for the training or for more information, call DC 37 Organizing at (212) 815-1095.
“Union week, lunch time meetings and activist trainings are part of an effort to strengthen the union from the grassroots,” said Barbara Terrelonge, director of the DC 37 Organizing Dept. “With more active members, our union will be stronger, whether that involves our involvement in a contract fight, political activities or protecting coworkers in the workplace.”
Come join us and get to know your union. Below is the schedule of events.
DC 37 UNION WEEK – For DC 37 members who work at NYCHA.
- April 3-7, 2017 – NYCHA – 250 Broadway, Manhattan (2nd Floor Training Room #7) – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. each day. For a leaflet, click here.
DC 37 LUNCH TIME MEETINGS
- April 17, 2017 – NYCHA – 90 Church Street, Manhattan (Ceremonial Room). Two sessions: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. For a leaflet, click here.
- April 25, 2017 – NYCERS – 300 Jay Street, Brooklyn (22nd Floor Training Room, Part A). Two sessions: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. For a leaflet, click here.
DC 37 ACTIVIST TRAINING SCHEDULE – The training sessions will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Room 4 at DC 37 headquarters, 125 Barclay Street in lower Manhattan. Registration is at 5:30 p.m.
- June 7, 2017 (Wednesday) – Session 1
- September 6, 2017 (Wednesday) – Session 1
- November 2, 2017 (Thursday) – Session 1
You must be logged in to post a comment.