By GREGORY N. HEIRES
One of the world’s premier cancer treatment centers has made it easier for DC 37 members and their families to access its services.
Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Center’s MSK Direct program offers DC 37 members and their families who are covered by the EmblemHealth HMO and PPO plans guided access to MSK’s expert cancer treatment.
Contact MSK Direct if you or a family member:
▪ are diagnosed with cancer and want to explore options for treatment at MSK;
▪ receive results from a medical test or exam that signal you may have cancer;
▪ are told by a doctor to schedule an appointment with an oncologist, or
▪ would like an in-person second opinion on a cancer diagnosis.
The MSK Direct Team will arrange for a patient’s first appointment within two business days typically.
The MSK Direct Team will:
▪ help gather necessary medical records for the first appointment;
▪ meet you at your first appointment to introduce you to the facility and your care team
▪ continue to be a resource for patients during their treatment at MSK
EmblemHealth participants do not need to enroll in the program since they are automatically eligible to receive the guidance on their cancer treatment. Memorial Sloan Kettering is a participating provider in EmblemHealth’s PPO and HMO plans.
If you are not covered under a City of New York Emblem HMO or PPO, please call MSK Direct to verify your plan’s coverage.
The program has a toll-free number for DC 37 members: 833.786.3365. The phone service is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Messages left outside those hours are usually answered the following business day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering has cancer care center locations in Manhattan, Long Island and New Jersey.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is the oldest and largest private cancer treatment center in the world, with 130 years of experience in providing outstanding cancer care.