Dear DC 37 Member,
I am writing with some very important and exciting news: public-facing government and nonprofit workers are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine, which is free of charge, is also available to New Yorkers over 60 and anyone with a qualifying health condition.
As a DC 37 member, we want to make it even easier for you to get the vaccine, should choose to do so. We are setting up an internal operation that will cut out the middle man and book appointments directly for our active members.
Beginning today, if you are interested in getting the vaccine, please fill out this form and a DC 37 representative will call you to book your appointment. At this time, we can only book appointments for active members.
What you need to know:
* To confirm eligibility, you can check nyc.gov/covidvaccinedistribution.
* Proof of eligibility required:
1. Members who are eligible by virtue of job function must bring proof of employment. This can include an employee ID card, a letter from an employer or affiliated organization, or a pay stub.
2. Members who are eligible by virtue of underlying conditions or comorbidities will be asked to provide proof of NYC residence and will be asked to attest to their condition during the scheduling process.
3. Members who are eligible by virtue of age will be asked to provide proof of NYC residence and proof of age.
* Employees are granted 4 hours excused leave to go to their vaccination appointment if the appointment is during work hours and, upon receiving the second dose, get 3 hours compensatory time. Please note, the 3 hour comp time is applicable to employees at mayoral agencies only. This excludes employees at libraries, cultural institutions, authorities (MTA, TBTA), CUNY and the State.
* You will not be charged; the vaccine is completely free.
* For frequently asked questions about the vaccine, please visit: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/covid/covid-19-vaccines-faq.pdf.
Henry Garrido, Executive Director, District Council 37