It’s Time You Get Your High School Equivalency Diploma
Do you need your High School Equivalency Diploma?
You may be eligible for the TASC test waiver due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The test for the High School Equivalency Diploma is now called the TASC Test. The TASC, Test Assessing Secondary Completion, replaces the GED exam. It has five subtests: Reading, Writing, Science, Social Studies and Mathematics.
There are four pathways to get your equivalency diploma:
- The TASC test
- Approved 24 college credit program
- National External Degree Program (NEDP), and
- The Regents-HSE Examination Pathway
The most popular pathway is the TASC test. If you took and passed at least three subtests on the TASC and/or the GED exam, and/or Regents credits, you are in luck! You may qualify for the COVID-19 TASC test waiver in effect through June 30, 2021.
To qualify for the waiver, you must meet the following criteria:
- Enroll in an adult education preparation program;
- Previously took and passed a combination of at least three TASC or GED subtests and/or three Regents examinations;
- Achieve a passing grade in the course work in the one or two subtests needed.
- Your grade will be determined by the prep program and you must also apply for the TASC waiver.
Members of collective bargaining units represented by DC 37 (except Local 371, 95, 107, 205, 215, 253, 389) are eligible for Education Fund classes and programs. If you are an eligible member, you can apply for the Adult Education HSE Prep Program offered virtually by LaGuardia Community College and Hostos Community College with these links:
- Hostos HSE: https://bit.ly/37hjJFF
- LaGuardia HSE: https://bit.ly/352zmy0
DC 37 members who need to pass three or more subtests should register for HSE classes through the links above, or register at the DC 37 Education Fund here:
- TASC Writing portion: https://bit.ly/3lOfy8c
- TASC Math portion: https://bit.ly/3lZA5ah
For more information, please contact the Ed Fund at 212.815.1700 or email PPunch@dc37.net.